Stephen Kuhn wrote:

On Tue, 2004-04-20 at 06:25, Weiers Coetser wrote:

Hi

I'm running Mandrake 9.2 in a dual boot set-up with Windows.

On at least three occasions I've lost some of my working documents in the process of rebooting. When I log out the Open Office Documents are open, but when I log on they are nowhere to be found, not in my Trash or in the place where I saved them last. I save frequently, so it is not an issue of losing the document because I never saved.

Why would you leave ANY applications running when you log out? By logging out you kill those applications and any data that's in them...so yes, you would effectively loose the data (or document) that you're working on. You should always close/save applications/data prior to logging off...

Once or twice when I started Open Office, the filename was displayed and I was asked if I wanted to restore the session or save it... I can't remember exactly, but I think I chose both the options at different times and each time the result was that the file dissappeared for good.

Try looking in the ~/.openoffice/usr/temp directory - MAYBE your documents (the lost ones) are in there somewhere...

stephen kuhn - owner

Shows How lost I can sometimes be:

I thought one of the beauties of the Multiple desktops with Linux is that when I log-out, the desktop settings and programmes are saved and restored as they were when I log in for the next session.