John Wilson wrote:
On April 18, 2004 11:54 pm, Owain Sutton wrote:

Surely an oxymoron?  I'm trying hard, really hard, but I've yet to
install any software as easily as on XP...oh, apart from Mozilla.

Now considering that Mozilla installs exactly the same way as every other package in MDK, I'm starting to wonder what problem you are having with everything else.

Glib 2.4, xmms (not the version bundled with Mandrake, which crashed randomly),

Are you using urpmi or the GUI equivalents called Mandrake Update, Install Software and so on?

I'm talking about stuff not included with Mandrake.