On Mon, 19 Apr 2004 18:11:50 -0700
John Wilson disseminated the following:

> Source files are a different ballgame, of course, but I'm not about to suggest
> that you try that. :-)

What's so tough about ./configure, make, make install? With the vast majority of
source packages I've dealt with, the configure script will tell you exactly
which devel libraries you are missing, so it's usually a simple matter of 'urpmi
libwhatever-devel' and you're off and running.

I especially like the whole CVS thang, keeping up with, in some cases, daily
updates, bugfixes, new features, etc.

Not to mention, with source installs, you can customize the app to suit your
needs, leaving out features you don't use, or vice versa.

I love the sight of source code successfully compiling in the morning...looks
like...victory... ;-)

--
JoeHill
Registered Linux user #282046