On Wednesday 21 April 2004 04:00 am, Margot wrote:
> I kept getting emails from Mandrake about available updates, I
> finally found a working mirror, but still didn't get any updates
> through MCC, so I checked the list of updates against the list of
> packages I had installed and found that the updates were for
> packages I didn't have installed! Maybe you have the same situation?
>
> MCC 'Update' only gives you updates for packages where you've got an
> out-of-date version installed. If you decide later that you do need
> these packages, go to 'Install' rather than 'Update' in MCC and you
> can then download the newest version from the updates mirror.
>
> Margot

I thought the same thing too, but I did a check of one of the packages,
xine-ui of yesterday. I have an old version of the package installed. The new
version is on the updates mirror I have configured. I have the updates mirror
configured correctly using the --update switch of urpmi, so it is actually
recognized as an updates mirror. The path of the mirror is correct. If I
enter xine into the search box of the update utility of MCC after it has run,
showing nothing, the updated xine package appears in the package list, as I
expected it to with the update check. But it won't appear during an update
check, nor do any of the other packages that should.

I am beginning to think that Mandrake Update is broken on 10?

Mandrake 9.1 and 9.2 updated just fine on several other of my boxes after I
corrected the mirror info. No such luck on 10.

There isn't any reason I can think of that the updates shouldn't show up in
Mandrake Update.

This one has me stumped.

Rick Kunath