David Williams wrote:
I have installed 10.0 on top of 9.1
Most everything seems to be OK except that I can't run
whatever.bin files anymore. I take a really simple approach to stuff and I used konq for most stuff including this.
It won't run from the comand line either.
Is there some sort of file assoc that I have to force?

If it won't run from the command line, it's probably not a file assocation problem. It looks like for some weird reason your file permissions have been reset. Type "ls -l *.bin" and see what you get

-rwxr-xr-x 1 david david 249 Feb 20 2004 somescript.bin

If you get something like

-rw-r--r-- 1 david david 249 Feb 20 2004 somescript.bin

(i.e. no "x"s in there), you need to type

chmod +x *.bin

which will make all .bin files in that directory executable.

Also check that you still own the files and they haven't switched to being owned by root.

Sorry if this is an overly simple explanation, but you did say you didn't use the command line much ;-)

Sir Robin

--
"If the lion could speak, we would not understand it."
- Wittgenstein

Robin Turner
IDMYO
Bilkent Universitesi