On Wed, 2004-04-28 at 17:04, Jonathan Dlouhy wrote:

> Stephen, here's my linking question if you get a chance. Thanks bro'
>
> Stephen, back to my original question. My fax programs seem to want to
> use /dev/ttyS0. I am the lucky owner of  Win/Linmodem. It's currently linked
> to /dev/modem,like this;  /dev/modem -> ttySHSF0. Since all of my fax
> programs seem to want to use the ttyS0 port is it all right to link ttySHSF0
> to ttys0 without getting everything screwed up? Or can I link /dev/modem to
> ttyS0 as well? What is the simplest way to mange this, if it's possible...

If it were me, I'd try to delete /dev/ttyS0 if it's not being used and
create the link from /ttySHSF0 to /dev/ttyS0 - still rather surprised
that the fax proggies don't have a means to change the port they're
using...but either which...that's what I'd try mate.

stephen kuhn - owner
illawarra computer services
a kuhn media australia company
http://kma.0catch.com
They drove back through the dawn, while the cassette player played J. S.
Bach's Mass in B Minor, vocals by F. Mercury. -- (Terry Pratchett & Neil
Gaiman, Good Omens)