Carroll Grigsby wrote:

On Thursday 29 April 2004 11:28 pm, JoeHill wrote:

On Thu, 29 Apr 2004 16:47:22 +1000

Stephen Kuhn disseminated the following:

C'mon mate - we all know this...can't you come up with something "breath
taking" - eh?

'K, try this on for size, mate:

"SCO appears to have given up its claim that the GPL is unconstitutional!

Well, that is certainly a relief. Old Darl must have been doing some serious stuff when he came up with that one.
-- cmg

Its not a relief...

I'd prefer it if they had left it in... and the invalid stuff and any other defamitory claims that they had made about the GPL..

I'd like to see them get throughly trounced in court based upon that premise.

Then a precident is set and this sort of thing will be much harder for greedy losers to try in future..
SCO have no unix product that can compete with any other established unix, let alone linux, they know that, and realise that without something else to bolster the company, they will go down... so they came up with the SCO vrs IBM/Novell/redhat/autozone/damlier-chrystler as a possibly alternative to prop up the company. (or at least to bump its shares so they can sell them and make a heaps of money.)

They are slowly failing, and probably don't much care, since they have sold tons of their stock and made a good profit..

I'd like to see this become a precident against money grabbers trying to get one up on OSS.. it looks like SCO are going to crumble before they get to that point, and that annoys me... (but if SCO are gonna lose, then I'll bet M$ hope that it happens without setting a precident, so they can pay someone else someday to do the same thing all over again...)

your homework boys and girls, is to make sure that everyone you are close to, knows that SCO sucks, microsoft sucks even more, and never buy a bridge if its offered by anyone called darl "mcbride of mcfrankenstien"

--
rgds

Frank Hauptle (aka Franki)

For free scripts, online webmaster tools, HTML, XHTML, Perl & PHP tutorials and stuff, visit:
http://htmlfixit.com Free web developer resources.

Please sign our petition to encourage notebook manufacturers to offer video card upgrades just like desktops.
http://www.petitiononline.com/inspiron/petition.html