On Sun, 2004-05-02 at 07:08, frankieh wrote:
> ,  two questions..
>
> - where in msec if anywhere, would it specify the permissions it is
> changing mailman list dirs to?
> - If its not Msec, maybe its one of mailmans own python scripts causing
> the problems, if so, where in mailmans config can I see what permissions
> it thinks its supposed to have?
>
> I've got a mdk10 offical box ready to take over from the old mdk9.0 box,
> but its gonna take ages go move everything across to the new machine as
> this box handles over 2000 mail a day for many domains and does spam and
> antivirus filtering as well..  so I'm hoping to fix this mailman prob so
> I don't have to rush the changeover.
>
> many thanks,
>
> Franki

Msec is still something of a mystery to me, I know about
/var/lib/msec/security.conf but that is certainly not where the beef is.

What I would do if I were you, as a workaround until you can get the
real problem fixed, is to add a job in cron that runs right after msec
makes it's run that would change the perms of the mailman dir back to
what it is supposed to be.  This would get you working long enough to
figure out in the meantime what's happening with msec.

LX