On Wed, 28 Apr 2004 06:56:53 +0300
rhein <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hello,
> Since a few days openoffice hangs when I open saved files... I opened
> those same files much quicker before. I have about 500 mb of RAM on my
>
> machine so I don't think this is the problem.

I don't think it's the problem either. I have 3/4 gig now, and I
reinstalled ooffice from the 10.0 final CDs last night. I haven't used
it in a while, but I brought it up along with a couple of older
documents I had floating around (.doc & .sxw/sdw) and they loaded fine.
On my Athlon, initial load time was maybe 6-10 seconds or so for
oowriter. What format are these files in?

> I red about Abiword on this list... what are the differences with
> oowrite?

I've played with it a bit. It's a lightweight WP, not too shabby, but
lacks some features that you might expect to find in a WP. Most people
don't need Word :). It works just fine for letters and stuff. koffice is
good too, and it's certainly lighter than ooffice, but some of the
components have been very flaky, at least for me. For instance, kspread
used to have many loading problems, generating a wierd error message I
wasn't able to figure out. But at least in 10.0 final, it works. :)