On Tuesday 18 May 2004 4:13 am, David B. Williams wrote:
> Does anyone know how I get the terminal from the task bar on Xfce4 to
> start in a particular directory?
> I have looked at all of the "stuff" in the .Xfce4 directory and
> nothing seems to have anything to do with the terminal start point.
> By-the-way, I am using /usr/X11R6/bin/rxvt and have checked in that
> directory for the config info and haven't found anything that seems
> to correlate to what directory that rxvt starts in.
> And, I am using rxvt because whatever xfce4 defaults to - couldn't be
> found when I installed xfce4.

man rxvt and man bash to find a command-line option that does what you
want. Then change the command line that XFCE4 uses to invoke it.
(right-click, properties)

Having said that, I can't see any really good way to do what you want.
The only way I can see is to specify a specific .bashrc file for bash.

rxvt -e /bin/bash --rcfile myrcfile

Where myrcfile contains:
   source ~/.bashrc
   cd mydirectory