Donato wrote:

Hi to everyone, I have Mandrake 9.2 on My Notebook Compaq evo 1020v, and
 i have enabled the screensaver that automatically turn off the monitor.
But when this happen, i see that the LCD isn't  really off because a thin
light comes from the LCD while
when i use Windows XP it turns all off (at the screensaver).

Now i want that at the screensaver the LCD completely turns off.
May i install some package to correct this?
Regards
Donato

Check the powersave settings of the window manager you are running.
If there isn't one for the window manager you are using, look at the xset dpms options.

Mikkel