On Saturday 22 May 2004 12:40 pm, The Other wrote:
->Oh, forgot to mention the other BIOS settings you may want to check:
->
->PNP OS Installed (or may be called Plug'n'Play OS Installed)--  set
->it to NO
->
->And to avoid some problems with your Printer being automatically
->detected and installed:
->
->Parallel Port Mode-- set it to ECP+EPP (or at least ECP or EPP) and
->have the printer connected and turned on during the Mandrake
->Installation.
->
->When the System Resources screen comes up during the Install, go to
->the Printer Section and make sure you do a Print Test Page.
->
->HTH,
->The Other

This works, but if I remember correctly it does take up an additional IRQ. One
of the reasons I went to an Epson USB printer...

--

                                                                       /\
                                                                 Dark< >Lord