What are your favorites for web based database programs?

I have a project where i will have many items, each with a bunch of
keywords, and i need to be able to search for all items containing a
keyword, sort them by other keywords, blah blah blah.  It will be
accessed on the web (or thru a browser, at least), and will have the
normal friendly gui interface of so many sites.

What are good choices for this?

I am still very new to running progs on the web other than simple
php, etc.  I'm good at programming, so i'll learn what i need to,
but my problem is always find the "good" programs/languages to start
with...

Thanks for any opinions,
eric

--