Hello,

        I've just installed 10.0 on a Hewlett Packard OmniBook 4150 that I got gratis
(i.e., as is, no manuals etc.).  It has an Ethernet/modem card Identified as
"Cardbus Ethernet 10/100" on PCI a bus 2:0:0.  Under unknowns there is
"Cardbus Ethernet + 56Kmodem: PCI 2:0:1."  Now, I can get kppp to find the
modem, and I can "query" it with the result that ATI 0-7 are all returned
blank.  When I enter the terminal, it signals "modem ready," but the terminal
will accept no input. nothing that I type will be displayed no <CR> no
nothing.  If I "reset" the modem, the cursor will move down one line , but
that's the extent of my terminal range of motion.

        When booting, there is a "Bringing up eth0:" call which takes about 45
seconds to tell me a bunch of stuff that looks reasonable considering I have
to ethernet cable in the card (zcip...address...no conflicts...claiming
xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx), but it's pretty much Greek to me.  I'm wondering if a) I
can stop it from bringing up eth0, and b) wether this eth0 is somehow
interfering with my kppp terminal?

        While there's a chance someone's reading this who might know, I'll say that
the sound card, detected as "MagicMedia 256AV" results in "No soundcards
found during boot.  suggestions?

With an advance of thanks,
        James Henry Maiewski