Hello Rob,

Saturday, May 29, 2004, 5:30:47 PM, you wrote:

RB> On Saturday 29 May 2004 05:11 pm, rikona wrote:
>> Hello newbie,
>>
>> Printing in 10.0 to samba/Win2000 printer. The first 3-4 chrs of every
>> line is missing, and happens with different margin settings. Printer
>> works OK on other machines on the net, including a MD 9.1. How can I
>> get the first few chrs to print in 10.0?
>>
>> In 9.1 the print sys is "generic UNIX..." and in 10.0 it is "CUPS...",
>> but setting 10.0 to "generic UNIX..." does not help the problem.

RB> I would check out http://linuxprinting.org/ and see what's there,
RB> next I would  check out the www.cups.org and see what they say.

Thanks for the pointers. I checked there and even tried a different MD
10 driver for the Samsung ml-1210(it's on a Win2000 machine). MD 10 seems to
recognize it OK even without the new driver, and it prints fine except
for the margins.

MD 9.1 also recognized it OK and it prints perfectly from MD 9.1, to
the SAME printer, with NO margin problem. Linuxprinting also says it
works perfectly. :-)

RB> I would suspect that either the module that you are using is not
RB> quite ready for that printer

Which module would that be?

RB> or that  there is a special workaround for your printer.

Linuxprinting says it works perfectly.

Since it is over the net, could samba be doing this?

Any other ideas to get the first few chrs to print?

--
 Thanks,
 rikona                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]