On Wednesday 02 Jun 2004 15:20, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> I am trying to start http server on Mmandrake 10.
>
> I run /etc/init.d/httpd and nothing happens.
>
> I did a "set -x" in the script and this fails
>
> if [ -x $SBIN/$HTTPD -a ! -e $HTTPDPID ]; then
>
> I see that $SBIN/$HTTPD == /usr/sbin/httpd .
>
> On my freshly installed system "/usr/sbin/httpd" does not exist.
>
> what to do?

If you have installed Apache2 then you will have /usr/sbin/httpd2
The start script will detect if Apache2 is installed and will find it for you.

There is a bug with Apache2 on the Official CDs that affects certain processor
types. It casues Apache to fail silently when it is started.

There is an update for libapr0 on the update mirrors which fixes it. If you
have not done so already run Mandrake Update.

Alternatively install Apache1.3 which does not have the issue.
(Uninstall Apache2 so there is no confusion as to which one will run)

derek

--
www.jennings.homelinux.net
http://twiki.mdklinuxfaq.org