On Monday 07 June 2004 03:07 pm, robin wrote:
> I received this from Christophe - does anyone know what the problem is?
>
> > Hello,
> > I tried again to sign up for the newbie list and every time I get this
> > error message... Do you know what to do?

This happened to me and I fixed it by using my isp's smtp server instead of
postfix, or by adding a dyndns entry for your host.

Sympa does a lookup on your hostname to see if it can resolve to your ip
address as a spam block.  Since you are apparently are on a dynamic
connection with no dns entry for a hostname, sympa will not accept a
connection.  Again, fix it by either entering a dynamic dns entry at a
service like dyndns.org or use your isp's smtp servers instead of postfix.

--
/g