Yo,
   I have a box with an ASUS A7N266-VM motherboard that I assembled
myself. {The computer, not the motherboard ;-)}  I'm almost positive
that ASUS doesn't have linux drivers for this product, and I don't
really need them terribly, as everything I really use that box for is
local. Right now I don't even have linux installed on it, but I'm about
to put it back on; I know a while back I mentioned something about my MB
and somebody wrote back with a procedure to get the on-board ports
running, I.E. the ethernet port... and my USB gives me troubles too.  At
the time I was brand-new to Linux, and I'm still quite novice, but I'd
like to take a shot. If anybody knows what I can do to get this specific
hardware running, I'd be very grateful.
   I need really basic stuff, like "type this command" then "type this,"
not "extract that" or "set this."
   Thanx,
     ES

PS:  The last two or three messages I posted I got a "message returned"
error... but they still got through. Anybody know why it seems to think
I'm not getting through when I am?
   Thanx