On Tuesday 08 Jun 2004 11:07 pm, Kaj Haulrich wrote:
> On Tuesday 08 June 2004 00:43, Lanman wrote:
>
> </snip>
>
> > Finally! I think someone has finally hit the nail on the head!
> > IMNSHO, that's exactly what Linux is missing! Can someone here
> > write a quick and nasty little applet that will emulate a
> > Microsoft Crash Panel?
> >
> > One of those "Windows has performed an illegal operation and will
> > be shut down" type of pop-ups? We could certainly change the text
> > to whatever we wanted, and in the spirit of "Open-Source" we
> > could give users the ability to change the text!
>
> </snip>
>
> Something like this : (see attachment) ?

www.sysinternals.com give away a screensaver that gives authentic blue
screens (with the right modules and other data listed) and then shows
the reboot followed by a checkdisk with massive hard disk errors and
another blue screen and so on. Great fun. Unfortunately it only runs on
Windows.

--
Richard Urwin