quick one for you (I think) I like to listen to my .ogg files with XMMS while
at work. Trouble is about 10 times a day I get the following error message:

Couldn't open audio

Please check that:
Your soundcard is configured properly
You have the correct output plugin selected
No other program is blocking the soundcard

I assume that since it all worked fine 5 seconds before the error message, and
then agin once I dismiss it, the first two are OK, which leaves "No other
program is blocking the soundcard"

Is it possible to raise the priority of XMMS so that it blocks other programs
from using the sound card and not vica-versa.
-Aidan