On Thu, 10 Jun 2004 20:33:38 -0400
Teilhard Knight <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

[...}
|> But perhaps there are
|>ways I do not know about to check which|installed programs there
|>are, huh?|
|>Cordially,
|>
|>Teilhard
[...]

Hi Teilhard,
I started using linux over 9 months ago and someone suggested
this..<< Greg Meyer maybe ? IIRC >> any way ..

you can go to Mandrake Control Center [mcc] --> then to
Software management --> Remove ....
and .. with no intention of removing any packages 8)
.. just click on any of the installed programs for their information
.. make sure"maximum information" is checked, so you can take a look
at the list of"files" that are installed from a package.

:: or the longer way ::
in a terminal you can type:

$ rpm -qa | sort > ~/rpmlist-`date +%d%m%y_%I%M`.txt

will create a file like this with the current date at the current
time:

rpmlist-100604_0904.txt

which is a sorted list of all rpm packages installed that you can
read in any text editor 8) and save for later.

and for any package name you can get the information of by typing:

$ rpm -qi "packagename"

or

for the list of files a package will install:

$ rpm -ql "packagename"

also ..
$ man rpm  in a terminal
or in konqueror
type man:rpm for more info

check out www.urpmi.org for info on urpmi

HTH
RickS
MandrakeLinux 10.0 official -  2.6.3-13mdk-i686-up-4GB
gpg --recv-keys --keyserver www.keyserver.net 0x24AABE61
There's only one everything.