Paul Smith wrote:
I have a new install of 10.0 official w/updates . My sound is iffy. xmms dosent work niether does totem but real player works fine and some sound from events but then I always have sound problems, guess its because I dont understand the system very well.

Should one expect that the reported problems with sound of Mdk 10 will be repaired in further versions? Or is it something structural, not susceptible of being changed?

Paul

Depends on the type of problem, and where you have reported it. If it is a genuine *bug* in the system, and it has been reported to Anthill (http://bugs.mandrakelinux.com/login.php) then it should (eventually!) be fixed. If a bug has only been "reported" on the mailing lists, it is unlikely that it will be fixed - I don't think any Mandrakesoft staff monitor the list, so they won't know the problem exists.

On the other hand, if the "problem" is with the user not fully understanding how the system works, the list is the best place to go for help - the staff can only "fix" the software, not the users!

Margot