On Friday 18 June 2004 13:37, Greg Meyer wrote:
> On Friday 18 June 2004 11:49 am, Hoyt Bailey wrote:
> > 1. xmms is playing now it works if I as the first thing on entering
KDE
> > I click on the play button.  Should I do anything else it locks up
xmms
> > only.  As far as I can tell nothing esle is affected.  When it is
> > locked up nothing will respond.  Clicking on play it works normally.
>
> What output plugin are you using?
OSS

> have you tried renaming or deleting the ~/.xmms directory and letting
it get
> set up again with default settings.
Not until now. It seems to help quite a bit.

> When I have seen behavior like this, it has usually been related to
trying to
> use the OSS output plugin when arts was active, or something along
those
> lines.  Try setting output to arts.
I would if I could figure out how. When I click on OSS plugin it just
goes gray. Main Menu > Options > Aujdio I/O plugins > OSS Driver 1.2.10
[liboss.so].
Much better now I can click on other buttons and it continues playing.
However it still locks up occassionly but I cant determine what is
causing it.
Thanks for your help it is much better now.

--
Regards;
Hoyt