Gentle folks,

The other day I tried to install Mdk 9.1, using a NFS server installation (Windows 2000 Server machine, running haneWin NFS server 1.1.29). Seems that Windows NFS server is OK and Mdk setup recognizes it, but later I get the following error message on the Linux machine:

Error: That NFS volume does not seem to contain the Mandrake Linux distribution. <ok>

and when type Alt-F4:

<4>NFS Warning: Mount version older than kernel

That is what I get when trying to use NFS network installation. Btw, the same Windows 2000 box is very good for FTP or HTTP installations of Linux (I mean my LAN is fine), but now I can not use either FTP or HTTP because on the target box I do not have enough RAM for FTP or HTTP setup (don't ask me why, the target box uses proprietary memory chips etc).

Looks that the target box recognizes the NFS server at the first step of NFS installation, but a bit later something goes wrong. The second message

<4>NFS Warning: Mount version older than kernel

looks to me as if Mdk 9.1 kernel differs from haneWin NFS server 1.1.29 capabilities.

Any idea how to solve that issue? Maybe some other NFS utility for Windows that is compatible with Mdk 9.1 ? Btw, due to having the old hardware I am not going to try installing anything newer than Mdk 9.1

Misko