Stephen Kuhn wrote:

I set aside an 18gb SCSI to install 10.0 OE on - a clean install - so
that I can still work/serve with my 9.1 until I get it completely up to
snuff prior to cutting over (I love having a back-out plan, ya know?)

Meanwhile, I'm going to have to get my modem going with 10.0 OE prior to
being able to completely do the switch. I noticed (on the last boot into
linux-enterprise) that I'm going to have to install some extra "kernel"
stuff that doesn't necessarily pertain to the kernel I THINK I'm using
(ain't it supposed to be kernel 2.6.3???); so, being that I didn't spend
a heck of alot of time in there on the last boot, what's the gig?

Everything else seems to work great - NVidia found itself, Audigy works
like a champ, everything APPEARS to be happening correctly - all except
the modem...but that I understand...

SO, with that said, what light can be shed?

stephen kuhn - proprietor

Also found this,...

http://linmodems.org/

Lanman