On Thu, 24 Jun 2004 16:06:45 +0100
Tony S. Sykes disseminated the following:

> This is a setting on your windows manager. Not sure which one your are using
> but you should be able to find it in the settings if you wanna turn it off.
>
> Tony.

Ya, like Tony said, this is actually a feature of X which some WM's use, usually
described as 'viewports' moreso that 'workspaces'. It draws one huge desktop,
then divides it up into 4 'quadrants' (actually, this can be configured
differently as well, but that's another story), so that when you move down from
viewport 1, the mouse'jumps' over into viewport 3.

Sounds like either Pekwm, Kahakai or Waimea to me, but there may be others that
do this. In any case, if you consult the documentation for the WM you are using,
I am quite sure you will see a way to turn this behaviour off.

BTW, Tony, what's up with yer quoting (or lack thereof), please tell me you are
not using Lookout!

--
JoeHill RLU #282046 /  www.orderinchaos.org
11:34:24 up 6 days, 16:57, 7 users, load average: 1.61, 1.42, 1.32