[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

When I was running windows, I had all these program just to keep
secured. Are these program applicable to Linux? Or is it only for
windows?

Only for Windows. On Mandrake go to 'Mandrake Control Center', 'Security', Firewall.

As long as I can see, that path gives the choices for securing local servers only (like FTP, web, DNS, mail server etc). What I do not see there in control center is how to secure local client machine that is *not* running such kinds of servers.

Regards,

Misko