Randall D. Hobbs wrote:
On Thursday 24 June 2004 05:25 pm, Amy wrote:

Ah yes, the ol' lower yourself to their level to make up for the wrong
they've done. *shrugs* Oh well, it is ~just~ a /. poll. I'm just annoyed
that I ended up voting for a distribution I've never even run!

Gotta love stupid human tricks...

Ah yes, but if you're intelligent enough to read the posting then you'll KNOW who you're voting for with my post... I shall repost the relevant information so you can see it yet again:

If you want to vote for Mandrake Linux, this link will do it:

No flashing or offensively bold text, but I figured it was enough to point out which distribution you were voting for. Sorry if you felt misled, for whatever reason...

You know, I could get offended that you're implying I'm stupid because you assume I haven't been reading the posting. Just because I didn't send off a post right away when I read the first message in the thread doesn't mean I didn't read that one before all the other posting happened on the list.

I has assumed that maybe I'd done something wrong, because I had thought that this list was safe and friendly and therefore I didn't have to watch out for underhanded idiots who'd drop links that aren't what they say they are.

I suppose that makes me the idiot to try to make sure I hadn't done something stupid before crying foul on someone who's posted to a list I'd otherwise gotten a good impression of? And it makes me an idiot because I couldn't read the messages that hadn't been posted yet at the time I read the first message?