frankieh wrote:
C. Tresenriter wrote:

What you can do with Linux

http://www.dashpc.com/
(if you have a lot of money!)

yes, its very cool,

I'm planning to do something similiar soon, rolling my own as it were, I have a rather nice toshiba 1gig PIII laptop that seems to have a faulty IDE controller, so my plan is to create a mini linux distro on a USB memory key and a ramdisk. (plenty of ram.) then I can use its built in DVD player to watch DVD's in the car, and use a wireless pda keyboard and mouse (laptop has wireless as well)

I plan to later on purchase a PCMCIA GPS, and basically build the whole thing into my car.. should be fun.

I spose I could go a step further and put a PCMCIA or USB hard drive in there as well, would make a pretty good car entertainment system. :-)

now, how can I add HUD functionality?

rgds

Franki

Yo! Franki!

Adding HUD functionality is easy, paying for the HUD is not! Grin!
You may have to settle for LCD displays and touch panels. Sigh!

BTW, have you seen the new Mini-ITX motherboards that take a full P4 CPU? With Hyper-Threading?

Now that's "Super-Computing" ! Pant! Drool!

Lanman