I asked about this once before under a subject about being concerned
regarding a possible scan of my machine. Unfortunately I did not receive
a reply as yet. Just recently I have begun to find entries in my syslog
such as:

Nov  9 21:51:18 tiger kernel: nfs: RPC call returned error 111
Nov  9 21:51:18 tiger kernel: RPC: task of released request still queued!
Nov  9 21:51:18 tiger kernel: RPC: (task is on xprt_pending)

Can anyone tell me what would likely cause this? I have portsentry now
and it doesn't appear to show any violations. The manual would appear to
indicate that rpc allows c programs to make c calls across a network.
Thanks.

Regards,

Eric Mings Ph.D.