Greg Meyer wrote:

On Friday 16 July 2004 10:41 am, Rich wrote:

Yesterday my computer (Mdk10) wouldn't boot.  The error message was "hda
interupt lost" .  It kept trying to boot but kept pausing with the same
message over and over.  I shut down and tried again and it booted normally.

Today, the same thing only I had to power down and up 3 times before it
finally booted.  Anyone have any ideas about what's going on?

Rich

You could have a hardware problem with your hard drive

Your IDE cable between the motherboard and the drive could be bad or not connected properly

Some chipsets have a problem with kernel support for the APIC, which sometimes affects the IDE controllers, so the kernel must be started with some combination of the noapic, nolapic and acpi=ht boot parameters. Try some combination of those (I need all three)

The WinXP partition doesn't have a problem booting and neither did Mdk10, until yesterday. This is something that just popped up.

Rich