On Sat, 2004-07-17 at 08:11, Richard Mace Tiscali wrote:
> Hi,
>
> A little background to myself:
>
> I have been using Mandrake for over two years now (7.3 onwards),  and am
> experienced in setting up awkward hardware (eg winmodems, parrallel port
> scanners). I am not a newbie, but not an expert either.
>

> I have recently switched from dial up to Tiscali Broadband (UK) and I cannot
> get the modem configured correctly. I have tried to get it working on
> Mandrake 9.1, 9.2 and now Mandrake 10.
>
> The modem is a Sagem Fast 800 E2T
>
> Any assistance would be greatly appreciated as I am using Windows more than
> is healthy for me!
>
> Many Thanks,
>
> Richard Mace

There is a Tiscali Unix forum, a question about Mandrake was posted at
http://tinyurl.com/67f22

There is a response giving instructions but saying 'if you can get it
working you're one up on me' !

The advice then given is get an ethernet modem (& card if you don't have
one) - advice I'd strongly support.

--
Paul
Linux number 312953