It would appear that I have found a solution to the problem!

I know there are a few people who have had problems getting 10OE on the net
with the Alcatel Speedtouch USB ADSL modem, so this is how I did it!

Before upgrading, go to one of the 10 Community update FTP sites, and get a
copy of the Speedtouch Beta RPM (must be this one, the one on the 10CE CD
wont work), and the updated PPP and PPP_PPPOA RPM's.

Upgrade, and then use RpmDrake to uninstall the Speedtouch, ppp and ppp_pppoa
packages that came with 10 Official. Use Software installer to install the 3
new RPM's (just double click the RPM files).

Job done. Go into Drakconf, and enter "New Connection", and set up the
connection as you normally would.

Job done. To test, in a console, as root, go to /usr/share/speedtouch/ and
make sure that mgmt.o is still there. If it is, type ./speedtouch.sh start.

You should be on the net!

JRH

--
  Sent using Kmail, on Mandrake Linux 10CE
  "Microsoft: Which Virus Would You Like to Catch Today?"