On Wednesday 21 July 2004 10:25 am, Mikkel L. Ellertson wrote:
->Mark Ayares wrote:
->> I keep getting a "Cannot find OS" error after my MDK 10 install.  Is
->> this a partitioning problem?
->>
->> I've been through three installs on this box, and it still doesn't work.
->>
->> Mark
->>
->When I have seen this problem, it has always been that there was no
->partition marked as active.  The strange thing is that only some
->machines requite this.  Also, make sure you are installing the boot
->manager (LILO) to the MBR, and not to the root partition.
->
->Mikkel

Holy moly! I got this message the other day on my sons comp with a Soyo MB. He
wanted Windows XP setup for some game or the other so I promised I'd try. I
gave up on it and told him it couldn't be installed here. (of course Mandrake
installed like a champ).

Lets not tell him different...okay? :-)

--

                                                                       /\