On Monday 02 Aug 2004 14:04, PM wrote:
> On Mon, 2004-08-02 at 15:44, Keith Powell wrote:
> > I have an Epson Stylus 670 printer and it has suddenly stopped printing
> > from Mandrake (although it will still print correctly from other
> > distros). I haven't altered anything since it printed correctly in
> > Mandrake yesterday!
> >
> > I have tried Open Office, Abiword, KWord, KWrite and printing from a
> > terminal. None will print :-(
> >
> > This is the error message I get:
> >

> > A print error occurred. Error message received from system:
> >
> > cupsdoprint -P 'EPSONStylusCOLOR670' -J 'Untitled' -H 'localhost:631' -U
> > 'keith' -o ' copies=1 cpi=12 lpi=7
> > multiple-document-handling=separate-documents-collated-copies
> > orientation-requested=3 page-bottom=36 page-left=36 page-right=36
> > page-top=36 scaling=100 wrap=true' '/tmp/kde-keith/kdeprint_7KoTFRaB' :
> > execution failed with message:
> > server-error-not-accepting-jobs
> >

> > Can anyone help, please?
> >
> > Many thanks
> >
> > Keith
>
> use cups to re-start the print server.
>
> If you are using KDE, open the menu, configure, printing, cups WWW
> admin, admin, manage printers, start printer.
>
> You might need to check 'jobs' first and remove any that are stuck in
> there, if so, you may not need to go into admin.

Many thanks for your help, PM. The printer is now working.

I followed your instructions and started the printer - nothing. So I clicked
on Accept Jobs and it sprang into life. However, I probably needed to start
the printer as you suggested, before telling it to accept jobs.

Thanks again.

Cheers

Keith