Hoyt Bailey wrote:

On Tuesday 03 August 2004 03:17, Frank wrote:

Keith Powell wrote:

On Monday 02 Aug 2004 14:04, PM wrote:

On Mon, 2004-08-02 at 15:44, Keith Powell wrote:

I have an Epson Stylus 670 printer and it has suddenly stopped
printing from Mandrake (although it will still print correctly
from other distros). I haven't altered anything since it printed
correctly in Mandrake yesterday!

I have tried Open Office, Abiword, KWord, KWrite and printing from
a terminal. None will print :-(

This is the error message I get:

A print error occurred. Error message received from system:

cupsdoprint -P 'EPSONStylusCOLOR670' -J 'Untitled' -H
'localhost:631' -U 'keith' -o ' copies=1 cpi=12 lpi=7
multiple-document-handling=separate-documents-collated-copies
orientation-requested=3 page-bottom=36 page-left=36 page-right=36
page-top=36 scaling=100 wrap=true'
'/tmp/kde-keith/kdeprint_7KoTFRaB' : execution failed with
message:
server-error-not-accepting-jobs

Can anyone help, please?

Many thanks

Keith

use cups to re-start the print server.

If you are using KDE, open the menu, configure, printing, cups WWW
admin, admin, manage printers, start printer.

You might need to check 'jobs' first and remove any that are stuck
in there, if so, you may not need to go into admin.

Many thanks for your help, PM. The printer is now working.

I followed your instructions and started the printer - nothing. So I
clicked on Accept Jobs and it sprang into life. However, I probably
needed to start the printer as you suggested, before telling it to
accept jobs.

Thanks again.

Cheers

Keith

Well not for me I'm afraid. Everything seems to be OK within
'Configure' but when I try to print, even the test page from within
'Configure', all I get is :
"Error while reading filter description for true. Empty command line
received."

Any thoughts about this one?

Revove the true filter.

'K..... I think, when sober, you mean "remove", so how to do that?

I'll be back after a top up.

SnapafunFrank