Up until 5 days ago, my Visor was syncing no problem with J-Pilot, now it just
gives me the error:

 Syncing on device /dev/pilot
 Press the HotSync button now
pi_bind Illegal seek
Check your serial port and settings
Exiting with status SYNC_ERROR_BIND

'modprobe visor' returns no errors, and 'lsmod' shows:

visor                  12520   0

usbserial              21564   0  [visor]

usbcore                74988   1  [visor usbserial usb-uhci]

I've not changed anything, no new kernel, no reboot, nuthin'.

Any way I can troubleshoot this further?

--
JoeHill RLU #282046 /  www.freeyourmachine.org
17:59:25 up 20 days, 10:14, 4 users, load average: 0.22, 0.14, 0.10