Charlie Mahan wrote:
Thanks, Dan. I have iptables installed on my computer. However, at the
site www.grc.com, it says that the majority of my ports are closed and
not stealth. Is it really possible to get all ports stealth?

Absolutely and without question Yes. Just a matter of the right Rules used for NetFilter.

Thanks, Charlie. I wish I knew what rules I should set on... and I have already consulted Firestarter's site. The results of the test on my computer at www.grc.com are below.

Paul

GRC Port Authority Report created on UTC: 2004-08-06 at 15:04:25

Results from scan of ports: 0-1055

    0 Ports Open
 1053 Ports Closed
    3 Ports Stealth
 1056 Ports Tested

NO PORTS were found to be OPEN.

Ports found to be STEALTH were: 135, 139, 445

Other than what is listed above, all ports are CLOSED.

TruStealth: FAILED - NOT all tested ports were STEALTH,
                   - NO unsolicited packets were received,
                   - A PING REPLY (ICMP Echo) WAS RECEIVED.