I appologise for not replying to those who were kind enough to answer
some questions last week.  I noticed that there were 6 messages in my
outbox that I could not send.  When I tried to back up my mail file I
simply could not do it, finally I decided to reinstall and found that
my CD would not reliabily read the disks.  I replaced the CD drive with
an old sony 701 CD/Rom and got 10 reinstalled.  Now I have no
capability for backup and lost a week's worth of email.
--
Regards;
Hoyt