On Sun, 2004-08-15 at 15:48, Amy wrote:
> Okay, I'm still getting a hang of what I'm doing here, but I seem to be
> doing well enough that I'm mostly asking my friend/"tech support" stupid
> questions which he says can be pretty much all answered by reading the
> man pages. However, I absolutely loath reading anything of any length in
> a console window. Is there a more "user friendly" (read as newbie
> friendly) way for one to be able to read the man pages?
>
> Thanks in Advance!
>
> Amy

I'm lazy - so generally I create a postscript file out of it - sometimes
a PDF to peruse at my disposal;

man top | col -b > top.ps
The I can ps2pdf the document and just muck around with it as I wish.
(like ps2pdf top.ps)
--
stephen kuhn - proprietor
illawarra computer services :: a kuhn media australia venture

The Macintosh is Xerox technology at its best.