On Monday 16 August 2004 08:42 am, Ronald J. Hall wrote:
> Well dang it all - I can't get this "must see" DVD to work here. I tried:
>
> Xine
> Kaffeine
> Mplayer
>
> and between those 3 its rare that I can't watch a DVD under my Mandrake
> v9.2 setup.
>
> Xine and Kaffeine say there is no plugin for it, and mplayer just says it
> can't open it.
>
> It does behave oddly, I'll admit. I put it in my Toshiba DVD and it the
> drive immediately tries to access it for about 30 secs to a minute. After
> that, the access light stays on *solid*. Thats not the way it normally
> does.
>
> I did a "lsof -V" for /dev/scd0, /mnt/cdrom but nothing has a hold of it.
>
> Anyone got it playing? Thanks.

Ripped it a couple of days ago - still have a couple of movies to encode
before I encode that one... Seemed to rip OK though...

Update: just watched about 15 minutes of it using Xine (watching the VOB files
that I ripped a couple of days ago). Didn't have a bit of problem with it
though...

--
Take care,
Randall Hobbs