On Sun, 15 Aug 2004 20:05:18 +0000
Dick Gevers <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Sun, 15 Aug 2004 16:01:24 +0200, Björn Olsson wrote about [newbie]
> Command completion only for some users:
>
> >On my machine, which is running at msec level 4, I have two accounts.
> >One of them is a member of the wheel group, which means command
> >completion is activated. The other one is just a member of its own
> >personal group, so command completion isn't working.
> >Does anyone know how to activate this function on a per user basis?
>
> AFAIK the following line should be included in your ~/.bashrc:
>
> . /etc/bash_completion
>
> Perhaps it is already there preceded with a " # ", in which case just
> remove the " # ".
>
> HTH
> =Dick Gevers=

Thanks for your answer, Dick. It didn't work, however, and it probably
shouldn't, considering that this seems to be a security feature related
to msec. If a user could bypass it just by adding a line to his or her
own .bashrc, it would be pretty pointless.
So I'll investigate further, but thanks anyway.

--
Björn Olsson