On Wed, 18 Aug 2004 13:20:24 +0100
Paul Smith <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Unfortunately, I do need
> to go to MS Windows, whenever I need to establish, from home, a VPN
> connection to my work's network. (I have already tried pptp client,
> under Linux, but with no luck.)

Paul, if this is why you are trying to get into Windows, I may be able
to help.  I have figured out to get Mandrake to VPN into a Microsoft VPN
Server, which my employer also uses.  Under 9.2 this was trivial.  Under
10.0, Mandrake screwed up the packaging.  They changed the kernel PPP
and MPPE components to those needed by PPP 2.4.2, which is good, but
then they included PPP 2.4.1, which is not compatible.  If you'd like to
get this working, I'd be willing to assist.  You'll need to download PPP
2.4.2 and the corresponding PPTP from the pptpclient site.  Hopefully
you are not running AMD64 (as I am) as that gets even more involved due
to a bug in the PPP code that needs to be fixed in both the kernel and
in PPP.

--
Guy Rouillier