On Tue, 24 Aug 2004 18:39:59 -0400
SiNiStEr Nation disseminated the following:

> I've installed Mandrake about week to two weeks ago and slowly learning
> the system. My question is I have several files that I have downloaded,
> and was wondering what's the process of burning these file to a cd? I
> know I could use K3b, but I would like to learn on how to do things
> using the console or the command line(interested learning some old
> school stuff before the desktop enviroments came into linux). I had
> already learn how to compile programs that isn't in a RPM.

Some aliases you can add to your .bashrc once you get the hang of it (these are
courtesy of the great command line CD writing guru Mr. Tom Brinkman):

alias bdcd='cdrecord -v -eject driveropts=burnfree speed=24 dev=1,0,0 -data'

alias bacd='cdrecord -v -eject driveropts=burnfree speed=24 dev=1,0,0 -pad
-audio *.wav'

alias biso='cdrecord -v -eject driveropts=burnfree speed=16 dev=1,0,0 -dao'

alias mkcdimg='mkisofs -r -o cd_image'

alias ripacd='cdparanoia -vB 1- /home/<user>/wav/'

(watch the line wrap, each alias should all be on one line)

--
JoeHill RLU #282046 /  www.freeyourmachine.org
08:26:06 up 21 days, 8:09, 9 users, load average: 0.35, 0.13, 0.04