Stephen Kühn wrote:
On Thu, 2004-08-26 at 09:19, JoeHill wrote:

Far be it from me to change the subject...

But I just heard today is the anniversary of the famous post to comp.os.minix
that started this whole thang:

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Linus Benedict Torvalds)
To: Newsgroups: comp.os.minix
Subject: What would you like to see most in minix?

Hello everybody out there using minix-I'm doing a (free)
operating system (just a hobby, won't be big and professional
like gnu) for 386 (486) AT clones. This has been brewing since
april, and is starting to get ready. I'd like any feedback on
things people like/dislike in minix, as my OS resembles it
somewhat

Any suggestions are welcome, but I won't promise I'll implement them :-)

Linus

Gives me chills ;-)

That's a bit of real history mate...
--