On Sun, 2004-08-29 at 00:37, Len Lawrence wrote:
> I have just hit an old problem with mozilla, having networked my laptop
> at last (10 months since receipt).  The same version of mozilla (1.4)
> runs on my desktop with Mandrake Prosuite 9.2 and on the Sony VAIO
> laptop with Mandrake Download Edition 9.2.  There is a problem with
> saving pages or images on the laptop from mozilla.  Right click and
> choose Save As and nothing happens, no popup and no download manager.
> Does anybody know if there is a way to enable saving in the browser?
> When I had this problem on the desktop I took it to the expert list
> but nobody there could explain it.  They said they had never seen or
> heard of such behaviour.  Using GNOME on both machines.
>
> Cheers

I'd advise to blow out the ~/.mozilla directory or rename it and try
again; else, just upgrade to Firefox (faster, better, more features)

--
stephen kuhn - proprietor
illawarra computer services :: a kuhn media australia venture

Kirk: One day your wife is making you your favorite meal, the next day
you're thawin'a hot dog in a gas station sink. Homer: Oh, that's tough,
pal. But it's never gonna happen to me. A Milhouse Divided