On Sunday 29 August 2004 03:50, Paul Smith wrote:
> Greg Meyer wrote:
> >>I have done some updates on my computer and now, at
> >> start-up, the script rc.sysinit tries to access to several
> >> tty, but the permission is denied. Afterwards, still during
> >> booting, IPMI fails. Any ideas?
> >
> > That error was coming up on boxes running cooker when
> > Mandrake switched the default de vice manager from devfs to
> > udev.  You are a bad boy running cooker stuff and posting to
> > the newbie list.  Seriously though, are you running cooker
> > or a 10.1 beta.  if yes, you might want to check the cooker
> > mailing list archives because I believe this was explained
> > over there.
>
> Greg,
>
> I apologize if I should not post my question in this list. I
> am really a newbie, as I do not know even whether I am running
> a cooker version or not. I have indeed done some updates from
> cooker, likewise I download from there the latest version of
> the software I use. All updates that I have done were
> suggested by MandrakeUpdate. I will have a look at cooker
> mailing list.
>
> Regards,
>
> Paul
You  as a newbie don't know   what cooker is, it is the bleeding
edge of Mandrake.  The cooker distribution is beyond testing it
could be thought of as expermental, if you dont know linux well
you shouldnt be there I cant help you any with cooker and 10.0
doesnt work with cooker.  Reinstall 10.0 and stay away from
cooker until you are able to use it on your own.
--
Regards:
Hoyt