On Sat, 28 Aug 2004 12:53:03 -0500
Hoyt Bailey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Saturday 28 August 2004 09:37, Len Lawrence wrote:
> > I have just hit an old problem with mozilla, having networked
> > my laptop at last (10 months since receipt).  The same version
> > of mozilla (1.4) runs on my desktop with Mandrake Prosuite 9.2
> > and on the Sony VAIO laptop with Mandrake Download Edition
> > 9.2.  There is a problem with saving pages or images on the
> > laptop from mozilla.  Right click and choose Save As and
> > nothing happens, no popup and no download manager. Does
> > anybody know if there is a way to enable saving in the
> > browser? When I had this problem on the desktop I took it to
> > the expert list but nobody there could explain it.  They said
> > they had never seen or heard of such behaviour.  Using GNOME
> > on both machines.
> >
> > Cheers
> One of the I dont know crowd I am running 1.6 and firefox 0.8 no
> problem with saving anything.
Mine is mozilla 1.4 and it works most of the time on the desktop machine.
In the past, whenever the corruption, or whatever it is, occurred, the only
way to clear the fault was to uninstall and reinstall mozilla, which seemed
a pretty brain dead solution but I could not find any other way to repair it.
No clues from /var/log/messages or .xsession-errors.

--
Len Lawrence
Xerox never comes up with anything original.