Thanks Stephen. I don't think the graphic card is the problem as the same machine was installed RedHat 7.2 without any problems. To be more relevant, please see the following errors from last sections of "$HOME/.xsession-errors":

    :
    :
*** kdesktop (2294) got signal 11
Xlib:  extension "GLX" missing on display ":0.0".
Xlib:  extension "GLX" missing on display ":0.0".
Xlib:  extension "RENDER" missing on display ":0.0".
mcop warning: user defined signal handler found for SIG_PIPE, overriding
Couldn't open /usr/share/config/kdebug.areas
kdesktop: WARNING: Error listening on socket: -1
kdesktop: WARNING: Error listening on socket: -1
kdesktop: WARNING: Error listening on socket: -1
*** kdesktop (2300) got signal 11
QPaintDevice: Cannot destroy paint device that is being painted

**ERROR**assertion failed `main_thread_tdata != NULL'
Xlib: extension "GLX" missing on display ":0.0".
Xlib: extension "GLX" missing on display ":0.0".
Fontconfig error: Cannot load default config file
Xlib: extension "RENDER" missing on display ":0.0".
Couldn't open /usr/share/config/kdebug.areas
kdesktop: ERROR: Error: standard icon theme "crystalsvg" not found!
KTempFile: Error trying to create /home/huf/.kde/share/config/kdesktoprcXXXXXX.n
ew: Too many open files
KTempFile: Error trying to create /home/huf/.kde/share/config/kdesktoprcXXXXXX.n
ew: Too many open files
KTempFile: Error trying to create /home/huf/.kde/share/config/kdeglobalsXXXXXX.n
ew: Too many open files
KTempFile: Error trying to create /tmp/ksocket-huf/kdesktopXXXXXX.slave-socket:
Too many open files
kdesktop: ERROR: ERROR 3: couldn't create slave : Unable to create io-slave: Too
many open files
KTempFile: Error trying to create /tmp/ksocket-huf/kdesktopXXXXXX.slave-socket:
Too many open files
kdesktop: ERROR: ERROR 3: couldn't create slave : Unable to create io-slave: Too
many open files
KTempFile: Error trying to create /tmp/ksocket-huf/kdesktopXXXXXX.slave-socket:
Too many open files
kdesktop: ERROR: ERROR 3: couldn't create slave : Unable to create io-slave: Too
many open files
Xlib: extension "RENDER" missing on display ":0.0".
QFont::setPixelSize: Pixel size <= 0 (-1)
Couldn't open /usr/share/config/kdebug.areas
kdesktop: WARNING: KDirWatch::removeDir can't handle '/home/huf/Desktop'
kdesktop: WARNING: KDirWatch::removeDir can't handle '/usr/share/apps/kdesktop/D
esktop'
kio (KIOConnection): ERROR: Header read failed, errno=104
kio (KIOConnection): ERROR: Header has invalid size (-1)
kio (KIOConnection): ERROR: Header read failed, errno=104
:

Thanks.

Geny