Hello,
I am Tom Pino, a ranchhand in S.E. Montana. I just joined this list as I have been interested in Linux for several years but just don't have the balls.

My son on the other hand bought a new computer that is supposed to be Linux friendly. Had no OS installed. Was tested with XP and then formatted.

He installed Mandrake 9.1 (from a "power pack"). Had no trouble using the mouse during setup. When rebooted and the login page came up the mouse froze. Getting through the log in with out the mouse it is still frozen. Will respond in no way or direction.

Mouse is Mitsumi Optical Wheel (PS2)
Mother Board is Asus A7VSX-X
AMD FI XP2400 2gig chip
Mandrake 9.1 kernal 2.4.21

I don't know any more about his box than that but can call and get more info.

I sent him a HD with 98SE on it hopping that he could get on line and straighten this out and it has been a real circus because the thing is having trouble with the modem and then today with the printer. Typical MS crap.

Thanks,
Tom